With thanks to funding from the National Lottery Community Fund our Wrap Around Health & Wellbeing – Caring Lifestyle Balance service aims to help improve the overall health and wellbeing of carers living in Sandwell and surrounding areas.
We know that over time, caring can take its toll you. We want to support unpaid carers to maintain or regain a sense of self, quite often lost as caring duties are prioritised, whilst developing skills and confidence in their caring abilities.
It is vital that as a carer you take time to look after yourself as well as the person you care for – not just so you can carry on caring, but so you can keep doing the things that you enjoy. Through accessing our service, we will help you to re-integrate into the community and build confidence by offering pathways to making friends and rediscovering skills and hobbies that may have been lost.
What we can offer you
- 1 -to-1 support
- Signposting to health & wellbeing organisations
- Support to access local services i.e. benefits, care packages, equipment, etc.
- Carers Groups – see below for more details.
- Dementia awareness sessions (for family carers and professionals who care for someone with dementia)
What we hope you will achieve
- Improved health & wellbeing
- Improved knowledge and skills
- New skills that are meaningful, entertaining and inspiring
- Feeling good in your caring role
- Recognition as an individual
- Feeling part of your local community.
Make a Referral
To speak to someone for more information, or to make a referral, please –
Call – 0121 553 6483
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We have several Carers Groups which are free for unpaid carers to attend to receive the help and support they need, meet others or just have someone to listen.
Please visit our Carers Assistance Line page for details of our Carers Groups and Day Club (for those with care needs)
Dementia Carers Support Group
We also host a Dementia Support Group where we provide information, advice and emotional support in a relaxed and friendly environment. Here you can meet other carers in a similar situation, share experiences and listen, whilst forming a support network. We also host relevant guest speakers and take part in gentle exercise and social activities as a group.
When – every other Monday (not inc Bank holidays)
Where – Charles Preston Court, Mill Drive, Smethwick, West Midlands, B66 3HE.
Time – 11am – 1pm
Call 0121 553 6483 to find out when the next session is taking place.